Wednesday, July 8, 2009

new project!

I have had the worst time trying to get this to post. It is a long story. The good thing is that I FINALLY got it together enough to get my pics! ARRRGGGHHHH!

SOOOO! I hosted book club last week, OH MY GOODNESS! I was so inspired by these ladies, they have a way of getting my creative juices flowing..it has been snowballing since last Wednesday! I have been happy as a lark since my sweet friends came over to make STUFF!


(just for the record, our book club is NOT a book club where we read....we actually learn to make different books and albums....I KNOW, so freaking cool! I love it!)


so as a supplement to what we did last wednesday, becasue some werent able to make it, AND some were a little confused....so I am going to post step by step my book I did....hopefully NOT to confuse you EVEN more! HA!

First of all I chose my supplies.....

I chose two transparencies for each page, and I will tell you why in a minute, some plastic place mats and some cool felt placemats, as well as some patterned paper that goes with the colors I am already using. I cut them all down to size, 9x6..9 wide 6 tall and I am going to bind them on the 6 inch side....so cute!







The next thing I did was choose some random stamps and stamped one side of all 10 transparencies.


I glued and glittered, and used stazon ink making sure that I only stamped one side...heres why.....I am now going to flip the tranparencies to where the stamping is on the inside....cool huh? this way the glitter is on the inside...won't get rubbed off and when you turn them inside they OVERLAP and make an even COOLER design.....YAY!


NOTICE...ASTERICK!!!! wait a minute...at this point do not atach anything yet, its getting to the fun part.!

Now we are going to put some paper in between, when you choose paper, one, it doesnt have to cover the whole page, it can be a a sliver, BUT make sure that it is a two sides print, OR that you glue two pieces of solid or patterend paper together so it will sow through both sides.
ISN"T THIS NICE......I LOVE love LOVE clear pages.....I used some of those clear frames on them ....I love it!

Once you have the paper on the inside you can attach the two transparencies together with eyelets, tacky glue, just a few drops around the edges, or pop dots in strategic places....remember it applies to both sides...but you can hide it with things like rhinestones, stickers, stamping, chipboard embellishments. This is a page(both sides) where I used a strip of paper in between the transparencies.
Once I finished the clear pages I sandwiched the clear pages with the plastic placemats. and bound them with my bind-it-all. I <3 the bind-it-all......so check out the pics of the finished book below......





This is page five.......front on the bottom and back on the top...................................................

Here is the 4th page top is the back and front is onthe bottom.....................





Here is the 3rd page front on the bottom and the top os the back of the page................










Here is the 2nd page the top is the front and the bottom is the back....not sure how that happened.....this one I used paper under the entire transparentcie, becasue I didnt like the stampimg together...so there are always fixes.










This is the first page the back is on the top and the front is on the bottom. This one I used one strip of double sided paper in between.






okay I realize this post is HUGE, but I thought I would let you guys know what the pages kinda looked like when you are done....this is the first clear book I have done....hope you all like the pages......a little SHOUT out to all my book club buddies! you all rock! can't wait to see you all in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the gist.....

Richmond, VA, United States
art teacher,artist,mom to little boys,wife,daydreamer, lover, giver, laugher,thrift store junkie, tomato gardener, technophile, beer drinker, painter,black and white photographer, friend, follower,believer,music buff, leader, outsider, educator, no-so mass producer, scrapper,straight talker,printmaker,nascar wannabe, deal breaker, risk taker..lots more than meets the eye....

jens art

Followers