Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's the weekend..









I thought I would show you a few things I have been working on...if you didn't know I am working on writing a book...yeah, can you believe it?
I have been coming up with so many freakin' ideas....
Here are a few things i have been working on lately....
this is a page that I did about Kade....I love the picture....he is really a cool kid....

Here is one of Bran, I thought the quote fit him perfectly....he is such a kind soul. I doodles the border around the picture, around the edges, and the words...the picture was taken at the race this year....such an awesome kid, he has grown up so fast.














one last thing, a book I constructed...its kinda cool, i guess....


I sewed the buttons directly onto the cardboard...

Here is the cover...........















Here is the binding, I sewed buttons to both sides of the binding and tied ribbon around the buttons that lined up...I think it turned out pretty...I really like ribbon, BUT coupled with corrugated cardboard....it is the best thing since sliced bread...I mean, who would have thought to put ribbon with cardboard that i got from a pallet at Cotco?
As soon as I get the pages done, I will post them...
Hope you like my projects.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the gist.....

Richmond, VA, United States
art teacher,artist,mom to little boys,wife,daydreamer, lover, giver, laugher,thrift store junkie, tomato gardener, technophile, beer drinker, painter,black and white photographer, friend, follower,believer,music buff, leader, outsider, educator, no-so mass producer, scrapper,straight talker,printmaker,nascar wannabe, deal breaker, risk taker..lots more than meets the eye....

jens art

Followers