Sunday, May 31, 2009

SO Excited!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished this canvas....I had a book club meeting at my house last Wednesday nite...some of my FAVORITE ladies in the world came over to play with me....(oh! SO MUCH FUNFuN fUn!!!)


Anyway, I was the host so I thought we would do some altered canvases...It was a blast....we painted, stamped, sewed....glittered...we did it all, it was AMAZING!


I got a little caught up in the painting and stamping of my background, I hadnt really planned what I was doing...I just knew I wanted something for my studio wall, and i wanted it to be about me...(I dont seem to do a lot of that...)


So for the past 2 days..on and off...Kade(my youngest) and I have been creating together...so I dragged out a BOATLOAD of scrappy goodness and I think i came up with something pretty good......I like it, I guess thats all that REALLY matters....


so without further adue...(I am guessing thats how its spelled...)


Its called " I'm not a princess" (that is a truism, for sure!) I layered, stamped,(yeah, I layered those too) I think i broke out EVERY bin of embelli's i own.....no not really...it just felt like it...but it feels good to use up some of the stuff i have...I took the picture, myself, just screwing around with my camera after i got it back from repair....i was out in the yard on my swing...I can only imagine what my neighbors thought, but WHOS LAUGHING NOW? HA! HA! I doodled....of course....my fave...and used my junk...woo!whoo!

Have a good sunday! I hope you like what you see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's the gist.....

Richmond, VA, United States
art teacher,artist,mom to little boys,wife,daydreamer, lover, giver, laugher,thrift store junkie, tomato gardener, technophile, beer drinker, painter,black and white photographer, friend, follower,believer,music buff, leader, outsider, educator, no-so mass producer, scrapper,straight talker,printmaker,nascar wannabe, deal breaker, risk taker..lots more than meets the eye....

jens art

Followers